CFSC Canadian Firearms Safety Course Non-Restricted Only
This is the course required for your non-restricted Canadian Firearms Possession and Acquisition Licence (PAL).
This course includes 8 hours of instruction on the date of the course and includes the testing which must be completed on a subsequent day.
- Testing cannot be completed the same day as instructed.
Course content includes:
- The evolution of firearms, major parts, types and actions
- Basic firearms safety procedures
- Operating non-restricted firearm actions
- Safe handling and carry procedures
- Firing techniques and procedures
- Care and maintenance of firearms
- Laws: Safe storage, display, transportation and handling of non-restricted firearms
- Responsibilities of the firearms owner/user
- Writing material ( Pen & Note Paper)
- Government Issued ID
Individuals younger than 18 years of age are only eligible to hold a non-restricted firearms license and as such will not be permitted to write the restricted portion of the Canadian Firearms Safety Course exam nor take the course for credit.
A minor’s licence permits the borrowing of non-restricted firearms for:
- target practice;
- organized shooting competitions;
- hunting; and,
- instruction in the use of firearms.
A minor’s licence also permits the acquisition of ammunition, unless there is an age restriction under the provincial or territorial law.
Please contact The Canadian Firearms Program for full details on eligibility.